PO BOX 1001,
Winter Park, FL 32790
Phone: 352-258-3716, E-Mail:
Online version of this resume available at
Skills & Qualifications
- Accomplished Systems/Quality Engineering Professional with experience motivating, navigating, and coordinating across remote teams. Strong passion for all things open source, specializing in Proof of Concept Testing and Release Management. Master troubleshooter with a distinct attention to details. Constantly adapts to current trends by learning new skills and shares excitement in leading others to do the same.
- 18+ years Proven Systems and Network Administration experience with multiple modalities.
- Architecting "at scale" from Startup to Enterprise.
- Familiar with DevOps / Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodologies, and Source control management in Subversion and Git.
- Enjoys Engineering Load, Regression, Integration and Acceptance Testing based on both specifications and intuition.
- Confident in performing Server / Infrastructure Planning, Installation, and Maintenance on Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS, and other distributions.
- Comfortable with several Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Software Configuration Management, Monitoring, and Automation frameworks.
Principal DevOps Engineer, Sonobi
Winter Park, FL
(Dec 2016 - Present)
- Manage Software Deployment, Testing, Releases, and Platform updates. Wrangling of servers, both physical and cloud (AWS, etc).
Support in-house Python and Golang applications throughout their life cycle. Develop tools and utilities to simplify platform management.
- Achievements: Automated containerized building and deployment of code to Ubuntu systems using Docker, Jenkins and Aptly. Built a Ceph cluster on commodity hardware to host storage for libvirt/kvm servers. Set up foreman and preseed to automate OS installation.
Principal Site Reliability Engineer, QE Team, Virtustream, a Dell Technologies Company.
Remote / Orlando, FL
(Mar 2014 - Dec 2016)
- Built out large-scale prototypes in cloud technology incubation labs. Performed quality and performance engineering, architected solid deployment methods/procedures, and validated infrastructure could operate as designed. Conducted load and functional QA testing of any platform or code changes, and contributed to configuration management in Saltstack and Python. Served as an integral part of the release pipeline, acting as an intermediary between Application Engineering, Automation/Development, and Operations departments in a geographically diverse team. Supported a 2+ Exabyte EMC ATMOS Storage Network distributed across many data centers with tens of thousands of nodes.
- Achievements: Wrote scripts to collect data from assorted APIs and post useful/critical notifications via instant message (Slack), elevating the visibility of testing issues to increase correction/acceptance velocity. Earned Saltstack Certified Engineer (SSCE) certification. Worked with IXIA to write a python API Interface to automate configuration of Network Impediment hardware.
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer,
Korrelate, now a J.D. Power Company.
(Mar 2012 - Mar 2014)
- Responsible for provisioning, installing, configuring, operating, and maintaining all systems and related infrastructure in a systematic manner.
Participate in technical research and building proof of concept systems, then benchmarking and evaluating their viability.
Contribute to release planning/sizing as a member of the DevOps team.
Ensure sprint unit testing passes on the Continuous Integration system for Ruby code using TeamCity.
Maintain and scale hosted dedicated servers and cloud servers in AWS.
- Achievements: Collaborated with the team on a software deployment automation system consisting of Chef and Capistrano to keep development VM's consistent with staging, pre-production, and production environments where possible.
Built and migrated several Redis, MongoDB and Greenplum database systems.
Centralized monitoring in ZenOSS; wrote scripts to track functionality metrics and alert on abnormalities. Implemented a modular IPTables firewall.
- Senior Systems Engineer
UNIX/LINUX, HD Supply.
Orlando, FL (Oct 2011 - Mar 2012)
- Perform installation, maintenance and support for Unix and Linux systems as
part of a large multi-platform enterprise IT infrastructure. Research new technologies. System engineering, server deployment,
and software roll-out. Configuration, debugging and troubleshooting complex issues, involving vendors as necessary. High-level root
cause analysis of service interruptions, ensuring they are resolved with corrective/preventative actions. Provide mentoring and training for System
- Achievements: Documented and scripted some tedious tasks to automate processes and improve efficiency.
- Senior Implementation Engineer
- QA & Infrastructure Team, Highwinds Network Group.
Winter Park, FL (Feb 2008 - Oct 2011)
- System and Network Administration
on the Development and QA Environments. Subnetting, IP/VLAN allocation, Brocade network device configuration, and DHCP/DNS
provisioning as needed. Maintain and improve Systems automation using Cobbler and Puppet. Verify Release Notes, and Coordinate
release deployment to Production. Also assist Development Department with Bug Validation, Integration Testing, and
Documentation. Train new employees on various Infrastructure systems. Act as a key liaison between Development and Operations
departments. Moderate user access to Servers & SVN repositories. Conduct server load tests using siege and other
custom HTTP Content Delivery verification tools. Perform Tier-3 Customer Support as needed.
- Achievements: Implemented infrastructure improvements by virtualizing server resources. Built multiple server labs (over 200 VMs) using XenServer virtualization software.
- Computer Service Engineer,
Intermed PACS, Inc.
Alachua, FL (May 2004 - Feb 2008)
- Maintain and support multiple
PACS long-term healthcare storage archives and imaging modalities;
administer RedHat Linux, Solaris/Unix servers, and Windows
workstations; configure and monitor various network appliances;
support DVD Jukeboxes and tape libraries; maintain media inventory
and perform data recovery as needed; maintain HL7 Mitra Broker and
EMR Databases; manage & configure custom VOIP phone server
systems and Zimbra Mail System. On-call 24/7 for network support.
- Achievements: Learned PACS
operation via hands-on administration while contributing Linux
innovations and improving system management tools. Built network of
VOIP Phone systems to exchange business calls over the Internet.
- Purchasing Manager, WebMD Practice Services, Inc.
Alachua, FL (Jul 2003 - Apr 2004)
- Researched, bid on, and procured critically needed technology products for both
internal and customer use; suggested alternatives where possible by creating IT solutions based on technical specifications and
experience; built and maintained familiarity with current technology standards and practices. Managed one direct report.
- Achievements: Increased product availability and decreased costs by improving and cultivating vendor relationships.
- Lead Network Assistant,
Gleim Publications, Inc.
Gainesville, FL (Dec 2000 - Jul 2003)
- Account creation, system support, and network monitoring on server systems; assisted
software development team with implementing test and production
environments, including migration of test to production; performed
research and ordering of equipment; maintained and improved
documentation of networking policies and procedures; installed,
updated, and maintained system software; supported network hardware
such as switches, hubs, routers, and the phone system; performed
backups and restores of essential data; modified Phone and network
wiring as necessary; On-call to respond and repair server or
- Achievements: Implemented
a complete Customer Service System with a software development
team. Designed and coded several data systems with PHP and MySQL (LAMP).
- Consultant, Full-time
Gainesville, FL (Jul 1999 - Dec 2000)
- Various contract and internship
work while in college.
- ISP Service Technician, GDN
Gainesville, FL (Jun 1998 - Jul 1999)
multiple RedHat Linux servers. Provided end-user customer service
and phone support. Set up e-mail and other Internet services for
customer use. Maintained the company web site content,
shell servers, and dial-up
modem pool. Worked with downstream providers to ensure uptime and
service quality. Was on-call via pager to respond to and repair
- Achievements: Managed growth and worked to both build business and maintain service quality.
- League of Professional System Administrators (Jan 2013 - Present)
- The League of Professional System Administrators (LOPSA) is a nonprofit corporation with members throughout the world. Our mission is to advance the practice of system administration; to support, recognize, educate, and encourage its practitioners; and to serve the public through education and outreach on system administration issues. LOPSA.org
- Greater Orlando Linux User Group (Feb 2008 - Present)
- GOLUG was created to give Orlando residents a free forum to discuss great tech content with locals in several ways: in person, on mailing lists, and IRC. golug.org
- Linux Enthusiasts and Professionals of Central Florida (Feb 2008 - Dec 2010)
- LEAP was a non-profit organization and Linux user group (LUG) that was dedicated to promoting, fostering, and educating the community about the Linux operating system.
- Saltstack Certified Engineer v2 (SSCE2) #345 ID DA361D9B, April 2016.
- Bachelor of Science, Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida Warrington College of Business, May 2002.